We had a blast hanging out in the windy city at the Event Marketing Summit. Here are our Top 5 Takeaways…
1. “Traditional marketing is dead, baby… Many pieces of the marketing mix such as advertising, direct mail, promotion and online, have their benefits but also have their problems. Better, stronger marketing programs integrate experiential into the mix,” Dan Hanover, Editor & Publisher, Event Marketer magazine
2. “Live like an attendee at your event. Walk the spaces with different devices to sniff out the attendee experience. Wireless is dynamic. You must constantly monitor and be prepared to adjust when necessary,” John O’Gara, Group Manager-Event Technology, Microsoft
3. “Trust is the new black,” John Gerzema, Author, “Spend Shift: How the Post-Crisis Values Revolution is Changing the Way We Buy, Sell & Live”
4. “Sustainability is a strategy no matter what the state of the economy is. It is a way to drive good attendee experiences, impact your bottom line and do good for the planet,” Paul Salinger, VP Marketing, Oracle
5. “SOCIAL HAS WON, Events ARE social networks,” Lawrence Coburn, Co-Founder/CEO, DoubleDutch
Bonus: A big around of applause for Cisco and George P. Johnson who won the Best Digital + Live Program (B-to-B) Ex Award! DoubleDutch powered the event app. Whoot whoot!