So you have your agenda, a PDF of your venue map, and your speaker / sponsor list available via a mobile app for your event attendees. That’s a great start, and you now have the basics covered.
Now it’s time to start thinking about the fun stuff.
Here are nine things that you should consider if you want to make your mobile app experience extraordinary. We will be doing a deep dive into each of these items in subsequent posts, so stay tuned.
1. Offline Access: The ability to access the content in your mobile event app without wifi or a strong cell signal.
2. Interactive Maps: Maps that can display content and be manipulated by the user.
3. Geofencing: Using the phone’s GPS to push relevant content to users.
4. Indoor Positioning: Accurately prove attendees with their position while indoors
5. Global Push Notifications: Non-invasive messages to users iOS and Android users.
6. Cloud Configuration: Editing and adding app content that appears in the app instantaneously.
7. Social: In-app social features to increase engagement, plus integrations with external social channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
8. Event Analytics: Leveraging the smartphone’s sensor capabilities to capture never-before-seen behavioral data, like indoor positioning.
9. Game Mechanics: Gaming techniques to increase engagement, thrill attendees, and keep them coming back.
There are many things that are possible today that weren’t possible two years ago by leveraging the unique capabilities of the modern smartphone.
Hopefully these nine examples will give you some food for thought in planning your next event. More details to come on each of these items, but in the meantime please please post comments and questions below.