As you plan for your next enterprise conference or event, you may be looking for a mobile app. Makes sense.
We haven’t covered the difference between white label (custom, brandable) apps versus unbranded, out-of-the-box solutions, so here’s an overview:
Get a custom, white-label mobile conference app in order to:
– Extend and elevate your brand. You want people to think of your app when they are downloading, using, and sharing the app. Non-branded options are promoting the vendor’s brand, not yours. Attendees will search in the app store for “Vendor_Name_App” instead of “Event_Name” or “Company_Events” – making them harder to find and less intuitive. We wrote a whole post on this topic here.
– Tailor content to attendee needs. With customizable apps, you are able to include only content, game mechanics, and features that are relevant for your event. Keep it clutter-free and relevant to increase engagement.
– Unlock new sponsorship opportunities. White-label apps allow for event organizers to use parts of the app for revenue-generating real estate, if they so choose.
– Continue the conversation. Keep attendees coming back to your brand to continue the conversations that begin at the event. Ensure they come back year after year.
– Create a premium experience. Branded apps make for a slick, cohesive event experience for attendees. They tell attendees, “We are willing to invest in you and in our event technology to make the best experience possible.”
– Get support throughout the process. Premium event app vendors, like DoubleDutch, offer onsite support, dedicated content managers to help make your content as interactive as possible, and app promotion consultation.
Get an out-of-the-box event app in order to:
– Save money. At times, these can be a lower cost options, as there is little handholding involved and no support offerend.
– Cover the basics. With an out-of-the-box solution, the app will cover just the basics. These apps will act as simple event guide as opposed to an interactive portal of content for your brand.
As you can see, we had a hard time determining what makes an unbranded mobile event app better than the alternative. If you have other pros or cons to add to this list, do let us know. DoubleDutch is a white-label conference app for enterprises. We’d be happy to tell you more about more customization options available with our interactive technology. Drop us a line to learn more.